Friday, March 30, 2012

On the Mend


I’m certain that March 17 was the worse medical day of my life. But fortunately, every day since then I have felt a little better. The Crohn’s and the meds, not sure which one contributed more, made my muscles and joints hurt all over. I couldn’t sleep for days due to the pain in my muscles. I hurt so bad a couple of the days I had to walk with a cane. 

I’m still not 100% but I’m certainly doing much better. My muscle and joint pain is gone now, but I still need about ten hours sleep. With enough sleep, however, I have enough energy to actively make it through each day now. Yay.

My gut is not quite normal yet. But there’s been improvement there too. My appetite has returned, but I’m not digesting normal quite yet. Bowel movements have improved, but they also are not normal quite yet.

Now this week, I’ve been very bad on the diet. Meaning, I haven’t followed it most of the week. I figured since the medication is managing my symptoms, I was going to take the opportunity to eat all of my favorite foods. So I did:)

I’ve still eaten vegetarian, but I’ve had vegan pizza, Mexican, pasta, a salad with thousand island dressings, Krispy Kreme donuts, and ice cream (almond milk based). All of this has slowed down my recovery I’m certain, but I know I will not be able to eat this as I wean off the medication and certainly won’t be able to do so once I’m off the meds, so I took this week and cheated massively!

Tomorrow starts the healing diet again so I can get to feeling 100% and begin to wean myself off the meds again.

You really don’t know how enjoyable the taste of certain foods are until you haven’t had it for months and then have it again. It was a wonderful tasteful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment