Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Some Juice Recipes

It is very clear that juicing with organic fruits and vegetibles is expensive.

Luna's has seven 16 oz juices for $62 per day. I decided I'd buy everything to juice myself. I spent about $65 and ran out after two days with only eleven juices over two days. So Luna's was about $9 per juice, versus about $6 per juice. There really wasn't that much savings based upon the quantity in each juice, but more importantly, the time saving.

In any regard, it's not as if you save money on your died when you're on a organic juice cleanse.

I'm now almost complete with day 5. The past two days I made my own juice. The following are two of my favorite recipes over the last two days:

My Daily Salad

This is a recipe from Luna's. Although it tasted slightly different it was still delicious. This makes about 16 ounces and is about 170 calories, and is a good source of iron.


  • 4 Medium Carrots
  • 1 Zucchini
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 1 Large Tomato
  • 3 Celery Stalks
  • 4 Large Leaves of Kale
  • 1/3 Clove of Garlic
  • 1/8 Lemon
  • 4-6 Leaves of fresh Basil to taste
  • Dash of Cayenne
  • Dash of Himalayan Salt
My Miracle Juice
As you know if you've been reading my blog, carrot and apple juice was a major factor in my Crohn's healing due to the pectin in both that is digested in the colon and acts as a cleanser and protectant. Well,  a small change to the ingredients zests up the taste for post healing. This also makes about 16 ounces and is about 210 calories.
  • 2 Carrots
  • 6 Medium Carriots
  • 1/4 Medium Orange
  • 1/8 Lemon
  • Cilantro to taste
Purple Pleasure
This is amazingly delicious. It's about 300 calories. 
  • Small Head of Red Cabbage
  • 1 Large Bosc Pear
  • 2 Stalks of Mint
I'll give a few more recipes before this cleanse is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment