Monday, April 8, 2013

A Couple Recipes and A Decision

Here's a couple new juice recipes:

Love this recipe. I never realized vegetable juice could taste sooooo good :)

One of my last posts had a kale, zucchini, cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, celery, basil, etc. recipe. It took vegetable juice to a hole new level for me. Now I have another one I absolutely love. During my Crohn's healing, neither of these recipes would be good. The kale recipe wouldn't work because oxalic acid in kale is an aggravant and garlic is an inflammatory, not to mention the acid in tomatoes.

This next recipe also wouldn't work because of tomatoes being too acidic and the garlic being an inflammatory. However, now that my Crohn's ulcers are healed, I have been handling these ingredients very well.

This next recipe is a result of me experimenting with some different things. I hope you like it:

  • 2 Large very ripe tomatos
  • 2 Large zucchini
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 sprig of fresh basil
  • a dash of cayenne pepper to taste
  • a dash of Himalayan sale to taste
  • 2 dashes of ground cumin to taste
This drink could definitely be used in place of Bloody Mary mix, but without the Vodka, it is very tasty:) Cayenne is known to break up toxins in the body. I haven't researched the rest of the health benefits, but know that it is really tasty. Regardless, any juice that is not high in fructose, is great to have any time during the day!

The second recipe I've discovered is very refreshing and is mild in flavor. I really enjoy it. One day I'll research the ingredients of these recipes to determine what they are good for. Meaning... I know the kale recipe is good for anemia, and the apple/carrot recipe is good for Crohn's and colitis. I know that some of the other recipes could potentially be miracle recipes for other illnesses...
  • 2 Large tomatoes
  • An apple
  • 1 Large cucumber
  • 1 Clove of garlic
  • Fresh cilantro to taste
I like adding a little sparkling water to this drink. It is a great drink to have out over ice while hanging out at the pool believe it or not. I hope you enjoy it.

Regarding my decision, I'm going to get an update on my blood work to ensure that the way I'm feeling results in clinical results. Meaning... I'm going to get some blood work completed so that I can ensure that I am clinically healed. I intend to start working on a book regarding healing Crohn's and Colitis, but I want to ensure that I'm actually healed.

Therefore, I'm going to move forward with all the tests, other than a colonoscopy, to ensure I'm actually healed. I have some mixed emotions. I have probably refrained from scheduling these tests because I've been afraid of the results. But I have not been on medication and I've been symptom free for eleven months. I must be healed, and it is probable the results will support that conclusion.

Thanks for being with me through all of this...



No comments:

Post a Comment