Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Fasting Mimicking Diet

What if there was a way to remove the immune deficient t-cells in your body and replace them with healthy cells? 

I am super excited I have to admit. I went to my primary care physician for an epipen refill and we somehow go
t on the topic of stem cell transplants for autoimmune diseases. He suggested that I read the book the Longevity Diet by Dr. Valter Longo. 

Throughout the book Dr. Longo made many hopeful comments for IBD as it related to his Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD). I recently began doing some research on Google Scholar and found that he has applied for a patent to use the FMD that he refers to in his book has a diet to treat IBD. 

On May 11, 2017, he applied for a patent for the FMD as an immunoregulatory treatment for gastrointestinal autoimmune/inflammatory diseases and was issued a Patent Pending on November 16, 2017. Here are some of the results of this diet:




  • Reduced intestinal inflammation/colitis severity
  • Increased corticosterone production, with broad anti-inflammatory effects
  • Altered both innate and adaptive immune response and cytokines 
  • Prevented colon shortening
  • Caused Colon regeneration
  • Reduced innate immune response
  • Reduced adaptive immune response
  • Reduced autoimmune associated cytokines production
Bottom line is that this diet put the body into an autophagy state, which is when the body eliminates defective cells and replaces them with healthy cells. This includes the immune dificient T-cells that are a major culpret contributing to Crohn's and colitis.

Check out the diet section for more details. I am beginning my first cycle of the FMD on 11/11/18.

Sooooo excited. This is the first I've actually seen clinical evidence that there is a way to get rid of the immune deficient cells. I'm all in for giving this a try for the three cycles recommended. It may become a quarterly way of life...





No comments:

Post a Comment