Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Doctor’s Appointment


I had a doctor’s appointment today, but there’s not much to report until the test results come back. My gut feeling is that my hemoglobin has improved, but is likely not normal quite yet. I also expect that my sediment rate has improved as well, but also is not normal. It has yet to be normal since my diagnosis last September, but as long as it is below 60, I think I’ll be happy.

I feel good, with ample energy to get through my day, and my bowels seem normal, so I’m certain both tests will show improvement. I should get the results on Thursday, so I’ll update this blog when they come in. The water and juice fast certainly helped my condition, but at the same time, I am completely off the meds and I haven’t had a sediment rate below 100 when I have been off medication, so I’m a little anxious to see the results. Keep your fingers crossed.

If both of these indicators are improved, then I simply stay on track with my diet for now until both hit “normal.” Once they are both normal, I can begin introducing some additional foods. I’m looking forward to that day, since this diet is very boring at this point. But then again, at least I feel good, and that’s more important that a temporary pleasure of the pallet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment