Monday, October 6, 2014

IsaBody Challenge

I've started the IsaBody Challenge today. I will be updating this blog entry with what I have done for the first week and each Monday I'll have a new entry as to the changes from one week to the next. My goal is to lose about 20 lbs. I actually am a little concerned with losing that much weight, but we will see.

This morning my bio-electrical body composition assessment shows the following results. I'm embarrassed to tell my weight at this time since I've gained a little weight, but the other stats tell the story well:

Body Fat:  31.7%
Visceral Fat Rating: 6
Body Water: 50%
Basal Metabolic Rate: 1351
Metabolic Age: 41
Physique Rating: 5

Body Fat: Although I'm normal, I want to be on the low side of normal.

Visceral Fat Rating: This is the fat that is around your organs. 5 is actually a very good rating. I'm happy where I am currently.

Body Water: Normal is between 45 and 60% for a woman.

Basal Metabolic Rate: This is the amount of calories I need to live. As my weight lowers, this number will lower because it is easier to live with a lighter, leaner body.

Metabolic Age: Basically, although I'm 50, my body metabolizes as if I were 41. This is a good number, but I want to get to 30 :)

Physique Rating: I want to get to a better result. I'll explain this rating in a future post, but ultimately, a 5 is a standard rating. That's not where I want to be, although many would feel it is a good result.

I'm following the Isagenix 30 Day Cleansing and Fat Burning System, but have altered the plan just a little. The plan has you cleanse on Tuesday and Wednesday the first two weeks of the program. I would like to get all 4 days of the cleansing complete prior to me getting my next blood work completed on Monday the 13th, so I'm cleansing the 6th and 7th, a Monday and Tuesday, and then again next Saturday and Sunday, the 11th and 12th.

The third week, I'll cleanse on Tuesday and Wednesday. Therefore, I will have 6 cleanse days instead of 4 on their program. If you're interested in seeing the details of the program you can check it out here:  Isagenix 30 Day Cleansing and Fat Burning Program

I am going to be following this program verbatim for the first 30 days, including the IsaDelights and Ageless Essentials with Product B IsaGenesis supplements, then modifying it to the Whole30 diet plan thereafter during the balance of this 16 week challenge. I intend to include 4-6 cleanse days a month, continue to use their meal replacements as needed throughout the program, and their Ionix Supreme daily. I also plan on using their Product B IsaGenesis throughout the entire 16 weeks.

I am going to use their Natural Accelerator (for appetite control) depending upon how appetite challenged I become, and their IsaDelights to curb my sweet cravings as well.

Additionally, I am beginning to use their Rejuvity skincare products for the 16 weeks to see if there is any improvement to my lines, or tightness to my skin.

Rich is completing the challenge as well, however, he is working on building muscle in the Energy and Performance Category. I'm going to be focusing on Weight loss and toning. We are both going to be focusing on the Healthy Aging category as well since we are both over 50 we think we qualify :)

What will be interesting is to see what happens with my Crohn's symptoms. I will be getting blood work done a week from now, and then again 6 weeks later. From there on out, I will be getting blood work done probably every 60 days to ensure my symptoms don't escalate.

Since adding the Rife treatments, my symptoms and blood work show that I'm in remission, so we will see how my Crohn's responds to these products. I intend to eat only plant based whole food during this challenge, as that is what my Crohn's prefers. Additionally, I will be weaning off the meds I am taking even further. I am now taking only 1 budesonide and 2 mesalamine pills daily. If my blood work next Monday comes back good, I will stop taking meds all together.

Below is my daily diary that will note what I eat and do each day. I'm using My Fitness Pal to keep track of my calories eaten and exercised away. Wish me luck, and if you want to buy any products, please visit my page:  www.wholebodyinc.isagenix.com


Diary Week One:

October 6: Today and tomorrow I am cleansing. However, since our photo shoot isn't until this evening I am not exercising the way I would normally because I want to start exercise after the photo shoot. I took my bio-electrical measurements this morning, but otherwise am adhering to the cleanse day protocol today. Every day I'm drinking at least 50% of my weight in oz of water.

Early morning: Deep cleanse serving and 1 Natural Accelerator
Midmorning: Ionix Supreme, 2 Isa Delights, 2 Snacks, and AM Ageless Essentials with Product B.
Late morning: 1 Deep cleanse serving.
Early Afternoon: 2 Snacks, 1 Natural Accelerator
Mid Afternoon: Deep cleanse serving.
Early Evening: 2 Isa Delights, 2 Snacks
Evening: 1 Deep cleanse serving, and PM Ageless Essentials with Product B.
Bedtime: 2 IsaFlush

Our photo shoot was at 7:00 p.m. When I returned home, I spent 10 minutes on the vibration plate, about 15 minutes on my stepper, completed about 30 push ups (men's style) and hung on my inversion table for about 7 minutes.

The total calories for today was only 410. I missed an Ionix Supreme serving but otherwise followed the program perfectly. I must say that I didn't really feel hungry. That's a good sign. See you tomorrow :)

October 7: I've pretty much done the same thing today as yesterday. I've had a headache most of today, however, and candidly, I don't get headaches much. I don't really feel hungry so I'm not sure what it's being caused from. I had crazy dreams last night about snakes following me and trying to bite me. Yuck.

I'm hoping it is just the lack of sleep causing the headache. To be safe, I'm planning on reading all of the ingredients of everything I'm taking to see if there is some stimulant causing this. I have been pretty much stimulant free for a few years now. I'll keep you posted.

I spent about 30 minutes working out today. Mostly worked on my legs and flexibility. According to my bioelectrical body composition assessment on Monday, my legs have the greatest percentage of body fat on my body.

Balance of The Week: I followed the 30-Day Isagenix program and lost 9.8lbs :)  I'll update you all when I'm at the 30 day mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment