Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good News

The good news is that I'm not getting worse. I've seemed to have plateaued. As soon as I went on the medication, my energy improved and bowel movements improved, but neither improved to 100%. I still go to bed at 9:00 p.m. and require 10 hours sleep in order to have enough energy to work the next day. I still have irregular bowel movements and wake in the middle of the night each night because of it, among other inconveniences. I still don't have enough energy to do anything other than work and rest.

But the good news is, I'm not getting worse. I'm going to do something radical later this month. I'm taking some time off work and basically having a health retreat. I'll be water fasting for two to three days, then juice fasting for another four to five days. My days will consist of meditation, rest, reading, walking the beach, getting some sun, and plenty of sleep. I believe that this time will jump start my continued improvement. I'm consulting with my holistic GI to finalize the plan later this month.

Ultimately, this recent flare up must be really bad because diet and medication isn't improving it as quickly as when I was initially diagnosed. I'm excited about my healthy retreat later this month. I think it will really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment